Help with legacy on-rev site tripped up on new LiveCode hosting service

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Tue Mar 29 22:30:12 EDT 2016

Martin,

What kinds of errors do you get?

If $_POST truly isn't handled as an array by LCS 7.1.0, that might
explain the problems with your code below... except that you said it
also happens with 6.6.2.

You could write a test log file as your code goes through its process. I
do that all the time - it's the only way I can tell what really happens.

Phil

On 3/29/16 6:13 PM, Martin Koob wrote:
> Hi Phil
>
> I added that to the .htaccess file and same result.  My site had been
> running on 4.6.4 using a similar thing David had set up on Tio.
>
> If I comment out the following lines the page will load without errors.
>

> /*
> 	# general details
> 	put gSESSION["userId"] into tVars[1]
> 	put $_POST["acFName"] into tVars[2]
> 	put $_POST["acLName"] into tVars[3]
> 	put $_POST["acEmail"] into tVars[4]
>
> 	if $_POST["acNews"] = "Y" then
> 		put "Y" into tVars[5]
> 	else
> 		put "N" into tVars[5]
> 	end if
>
> 	put $_POST["acPass1"] into tVars[6]
>
> */
>
> any idea what is wrong there?  I thought maybe numbered array elements were
> the problem. I changed tVars[6] to tVars["6"] but still got the LiveCode
> error messages instead of the page loading.
>
> Martin
>

> --

Phil Davis