Border color of graphic

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Mar 29 15:09:52 EDT 2016

Paul wrote:

 >> On Mar 28, 2016, at 9:00 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
 >>
 >> How do we set border color for a graphic object (round rectangle
 >> style) never used them much in the past, now I'm all about graphic
 >> UI.
 >>
 >> We have the line width, but I don't see border in the colors for
 >> a graphic in the inspector of LC8 DP16
 >
 > For a graphic object:
 >
 > foregroundColor (forecolor) = border colour
 > backgroundColor (backColor) = fill colour

You can also use the firstColor and secondColor synonyms, respectively,
and for the first one you can even use thumbColor, because synonyms are
great except when they're not. ;)

 > I’m guessing you have the preference setting ‘Property Labels Are:’
 > set to ‘Name of LiveCode Property.

Why doesn't a tool for an English-like language display its native
English-like property names by default?

Making that change is the first thing I encourage newcomers to do so
they can learn faster, getting reinforcement of property names every
time they use the Inspector.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems