iOS deployment question

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Mar 29 04:31:36 EDT 2016

FWIW, this really isn't a LiveCode issue.  Back when we were doing a lot of
iOS app development, submission - which should have been a matter of pressing
a few buttons - invariably took many hours of hair tearing - and this in spite
of the fact that we were making new submissions virtually every week; solving
the problems one week didn't stop us having another load of problems the next
week.

When doing development (as opposed to submission) my practise now when I get a
problem in LiveCode is to spend almost no time trying to fix it in LC; instead
jump immediately to a dummy app on Xcode, and make sure I can deploy that
first; mostly I find the same problem there, so can debug it with one less
step in the chain, and when I have that working, go back to LC.

And yes, I long for a hand-holding guide, but I think the problems keep changing.

My 2p

Ben