revIgniter installation

Bob Hall bob at bobhall.net
Mon Mar 28 07:50:38 EDT 2016

Before installing Revigniter, you have to confirm Livecode Server (LCS) is installed and working. To be honest, this can be more of a challenge than getting Revigniter installed. Don’t even move on to Revigniter until you know for a fact LCS is operational with the simple test.lc file from the Livecode Lessons (on livecode.com website).

There’s some configuration you need to do on your host to get LCS to work and a shared host can complicate matters a bit. I did run into an issue with one of my hosting providers where they had things very locked down and would not add to my account the ability for apache to send a .lc file to a cgi. So I dropped them and moved to another provider.

When I install Rev, I simply copy the revigniter .zip file up to my host and using cPanel’s filemanager, extract the original Rev archive directly to the server. Then I either rename the revigniter directory or move the contents to the location that I need them to be in.

If you’ve got LC server up and working and copy the Rev files to the server, I have great success getting the Rev Welcome page to show almost 100% of the time with no issues. Make sure you include the “index.lc” in your URL when trying to access the server. There are additional steps you need to do hide the index.lc but to start, just include index.lc in all your server url’s and you mess a round a bit with some basic Livecode Server/Revigniter scripts.

-Bob