(way OT, WAS: )Re: Delete the first entry of an array.

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 19:59:13 EDT 2016

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 4:36 PM, Alex Tweedly <alex at tweedly.net> wrote:

> Hmmm ... not real Fortran. (that should be said in a deep, impressive
> voice)
> Real Fortran died when Fortran 77 took over :-(

I've been out-crankied!

> And, AFAIK, only those modern variants from (I think) Fortran90 onwards
> have sparse arrays.

Yes, I designed the algorithm for my dissertation in Fortran 90, longing
for some of the F95 features that weren't available yet.

Sparse arrays would have been useful, except for the detail that the
elements that I *was* generating in my search dwarfed the size of physical
memory . . .

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462