How you force inclusion of 'rev' functions in a standalone?

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Fri Mar 25 13:49:08 EDT 2016

On 3/25/2016 1:40 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> The library is included by default in all standalones, which is why
> there is no selector for it. If it isn't working, the most likely
> reason is that it hasn't loaded yet when its functions were called.
> Are you trying to use the library some time during the startup sequence?
No, it is well after the standalone has started up. The user then
selects a menu item that opens an external stack (in a subfolder of the
folder containing the standalone) that has code that uses the
revFile/Folder functions.

As a test, I added a dummy handler in the stack script of the mainstack
of the standalone that simple included revCopyFile tFile,tFolder and so
on and rebuilt the standalone and now it is working. This is under
LiveCode 676, so perhaps it is a bug specific to that version of LC or
just a strange glitch in the previous build of the Standalone.

Thank you for responding.