Looking for parser for Email (MIME)

Roland Huettmann roland.huettmann at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 05:36:50 EDT 2016

Hello Kay

Thank you for your reply. It can be argued. )))

Well, actually i am using a naming convention using YYYMMDD_HHMM for
myself, but it can not be enforced in a business environment easily and has
other disadvantages.

The problem with modification date/time is that it will be updated when
there is any change, and especially also when in certain other operations
on the file. This modification date/time can be set of course, but then it
would have to be reset too often. And during copy-paste such dates/times
change.

Changing the creation date is "fraudulent"? It depends on how you see it.
These are documents where the user is the owner. The system is not the
"owner" in my humble opinion. Why should someone else (system...?) tell me
what to set as the file creation date which is irrelevant in such case? It
is a matter of semantics. Since there is no "user creation date/time" there
is only this file creation date/time - and in this sense by purpose it is
"misused" for another purpose.

I am also not interested in the date when a sheet of paper was produced. I
am interested in the date which is in the contract signed using such paper.
And even if a copy is made, I am still interested in the original content
date and not the date of the copy of the paper.

The result in my clients small environment: No problems with having to
stick to naming conventions, files are well ordered the way they should be,
people find what they need. In three years we had never a bad result. It is
well respected and accepted.

But I understand of course that it can be argued... ))). And it will not
become a standard. I am aware of this ). So, I agree, it should not be a
recommendation.

Roland