Would love to see this blog with 1,001 Uses stay FRESH

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 22:58:58 EDT 2016

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 7:49 AM, Peter W A Wood <peterwawood at gmail.com> wrote:
>  The first is that people are not submitting possible entries. The second is I don't have time...

If you are on OS X you can create an Automator application (not
workflow) that will auto Quit after it's sent out an email to this
List asking for people to contribute. You can then use Calendar to
create  a repeating event every 4 or 6 months and set it's alarm to
open your Send Email Automator application.

Every 4/6 months you'll be reminded of the time you've saved when you
see your Auto email on this List.

The only gotcha is you need to run your Send Email application first
before having Calendar do it so you can tick off Gatekeeper's warning
that it's a non-recognised application. But even if you forget this
Calendar should give you a warning that it can't open the app the
first time it tries to run.