Separate Widget palette

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Sat Mar 19 19:43:05 EDT 2016

On 2016-03-19 19:50, RM wrote:
> http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26785
>
> Please have a look at this, think about it, and
> if you think it is a good idea say so: loudly, so the LiveCode
> people take it seriously.

As I understand the current design concept for the LiveCode 8 IDE, the
decision not to have a separate Widgets palette was taken quite
deliberately, on the basis that there are already altogether too many
palettes.

Instead, I believe the tools palette is planned to evolve to allow users
to configure what items are shown and how they are arranged.  I think
someone at some point mentioned the idea of having collapsible sections.

                                         Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Open Source Team