RevBrowser in 8.0.0 DP 15

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Mar 18 17:19:21 EDT 2016

On 3/18/2016 4:33 AM, Mark Waddingham wrote:
> On 2016-03-17 23:12, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> This may be a problem. I'm loading an html file from disk. I can't get
>> the widget to work with disk-based files, so I'm using
>> revBrowserOpenCEF. I need to script navigation to various internal
>> links in the file, like "#linkHere".
>
> Can you file a bug with more details so we can take a look.

Yes, I'll do that. I'm not sure if it is one bug or more, I found more
than one thing that blocked my attempts. I guess I'll just list them out
and you can tell me if you want separate reports. I suspect they're all
related though.

>> To do that I append the link marker to the file path, which I obtain
>> with revBrowserGet("URL"). The CEF browser works with that, revBrowser
>> doesn't. I've tried several different methods, but can't find a way in
>> the older revBrowser to script navigation to an internal link. How
>> would I do that?
>
> To be fair, I think Peter's suggestion of how to navigate is probably a
> neater one than fiddling with the URL.

You're probably right, but I don't know Javascript.

> However, I think it would make sense to ensure you can just copy/paste a
> URL from a normal browser into the widget's URL property and have it do
> the same thing.

That's what I expected to be able to do. It does seem like LC should let
us navigate within a document without knowing another language.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com