Sample Stacks Stack in Livecode 8 - Gone ?

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Fri Mar 18 06:54:45 EDT 2016

On 18/03/2016 10:27, Rolf Kocherhans wrote:
> In LiveCode 8 I can no longer download Stacks (click Sample Stacks) from the
> online sample stack portal, the download/upload stack called „Sample Stacks“ is
> replaced with a link to http://livecodeshare.runrev.com.
>
> Will that stay, or is a better or different download Stack, for the final version in
> the works ?

Hi Rolf,

I've asked Elanor (who wrote the new Start Center) and she says:

 > You can still download Sample Stacks.  Rather than using the Sample
Stacks window within the IDE we now open the LiveCode Share site in a
browser.  All the same sample stacks are available there

 > To download a stack just select it in the list to see the details.
There is a Download Now button which allows you to download the stack.

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Open Source Team

LiveCode 2016 Conference: https://livecode.com/edinburgh-2016/