server difficulties coming from LC7, or new host?

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Wed Mar 16 14:57:02 EDT 2016

1) I had to regress to LC server 6.6.2 to solve some problems that David and
I have yet to ascertain. I think this is related to the session context bug
14452. Drop the LC server executable version of your choice into your
cig-bin folder(I used livecode-server-6.6.2). Then put this into your
.htaccess file:
AddHandler livecode-redirect .lc
Action livecode-redirect /cgi-bin/livecode-server-6.6.2

2) Be aware that the new Unicode enabled MySQL server has 2 things that got
me:
 a) I could not insert HTML into a text field and had to change the
collation of the field to utf8mb4_general_ci. After that the old code worked
just fine.
 b) When you insert into tables that have fields that do not have the "null
attribute" and also no "default value" MySQL will now throw an error if that
field is not part of the insert. Again after setting the "null attribute"
check box all was fine with the existing code.

Hope this gets you back in business.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services