Trying to understand the inner workings of Resizestack

Terence Heaford t.heaford at icloud.com
Mon Mar 14 15:09:50 EDT 2016

> On 14 Mar 2016, at 18:39, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>
> I think it may be subtler than that, but more easily fixed:
>
> When the contents of a group are resized, by default the group enclosing them is resized to fit.
>
> So if you set the lockLoc of the group (and here I tend to set that for objects in groups as well, just to avoid my accidentally moving them while working) you should find it resizes more gracefully.
>
> Also, unless you need the margin you may find it helpful to set the group's margin to 0.  If you leave it at the default of 4 and move its internal contents to any edge of the group, when the group's lockLoc is true the internal objects will render clipped, and when the lockLoc is false the group will expand by 4px to accommodate the control.

All the objects forming the chart have their lockLoc set to true already.

I think perhaps I am asking to much of the engine as when resizeControl is received I don’t actually reposition/resize all the objects in the chart (90+), I actually delete the objects and recreate the chart.

There’s a lot more work involved in repositioning and resizing than recreating.

Thanks

Terry