Trying to understand the inner workings of Resizestack

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Mon Mar 14 11:29:44 EDT 2016

1) The resizestack message is sent once is live resizing if off. If live resizing is on then a whole bunch of messages get stacked up if you grab a corner and resize the stack. If you resizing code is fast enough then resizing will look seamless, if your resizing takes too long the it will be jerky.

2) The screen is automatically locked/unlocked for each message. You don’t have to worry about it.

3) I would not do any dispatching or sending in time in a resizestack handler. This is probably the source of your flashing. Get the work done and then pass the resizestack message to the engine. I found out that sometimes things can go sideways if you don’t pass the resizestack message.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net