SVG complexity

RM richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 11:29:49 EST 2016

If one imports an SVG image into LibreOffice Draw [whether this works
with MIcrosoft Office, I just
don't know] one can then export the component parts as individual SVG
paths to import into LiveCode.

Of course this is a "pain", but it is, at the moment, a case of either
that or convert the thing into
a PNG image.

I tend to go for the PNG option as the whole thing is just too much like
hard work.

Frankly, at the moment, all that 'nonsense' about extracting the icon
path from each SVG is so much
more clunky than Alejandro's work I honestly wonder why the Livecode
people are favouring
that over Alejandro's stuff.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ja3Yvw8cHLVU5MTzRjY1lwcGM/edit?pref=2&pli=1

I should point out that Ian MacPhail has done a lot of work (on which, I
believe, Alejandro has based
his work):

http://revonline2.runrev.com/stack/112/SVGL

Ultimately, I am sure LiveCode will "get there" with SVG images.
However, I would be very happy if SVG images could be imported via the
revMenuBar stack under File/Import as Control/Image File rather
than by messing around with points in a field in the properties palette
of a widget.

Richmond.