Playing movies

tbodine bodine at bodinetraininggames.com
Sun Mar 6 18:27:26 EST 2016

Hi, Bill.

Seems the whole LC community is in a state of frustration regarding this.

But one minimal method I find works to play an online movie is to embed a
movie url in a LC field with the linkStyle set to "link".

Then add to your stack a script...

on linkClicked pLink
 launch url pLink
end linkClicked

(Fine print: linkClicked does not work except in Browse mode, the field must
be locked and it must have its listBehavior property set to false.)

I don't know of a way to find out from the browser when the movie has
finished, so I wait for the resumeStack message to fire indicating the user
has returned and, presumably, the movie is done.

If you prefer an icon to a text link, perhaps you can embed a graphic in the
field and link from that. (I haven't tried that, but you get extra credit if
you make it work!)

HTH,
Tom B.