[Blog] Script Only Stacks

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Mar 3 14:06:35 EST 2016

Tim Bleiler wrote:

 >> On Mar 3, 2016, at 1:38 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >>
 >> I wonder if it needs to use LC's native line ending, ASCII 10,
 >> rather than ASCII 13 that many Mac tools use.
 >
 > Thanks Richard,
 >
 > First, do you know of way to set this in TextEdit? I don’t see
 > anything that can change that.

I haven't used TextEdit in years, so I'm not sure what options it has
for setting line endings.  I tend to edit text in LC or a variety of
Linux tools, all which use the Unix convention of ASCII 10 for line endings.

 > Second, if that is the case, then the descriptions of how to use
 > the script only files or how Livecode processes them probably will
 > need to change. Should we call this a bug?

Let's find out if that's the issue first.  Does it work if you save the
file out of a field with binfile?

If so, it may be useful to note the line ending requirement.  Where is
that documentation?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems