Release 6.7.10 RC 1 / 7.1.3 RC 1

panagiotis merakos panos.merakos at livecode.com
Thu Mar 3 12:55:53 EST 2016

Hi Mark,

I am not sure I follow. I do the following steps:

1. Download the .dmg
2. Once the download finishes, click on the .dmg
3. The dmg folder opens, and I can see the LC icon and the Applications
folder icon.
4. From there, I can drag the LC icon anywhere I want, either onto the
Applications folder icon in the dmg folder, or into any other folder (I
just tried with Desktop)

Am I missing something?

Regards,
Panos
--

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 5:33 PM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

> On 03/03/2016 09:05 AM, panagiotis merakos wrote:
>
> The installer is no longer required on OSX. The installation process on OSX
>> has been updated to no longer require an installer. Instead, LiveCode now
>> installs like most other OSX applications: drag the app from the DMG to
>> your Applications folder.
>>

> Yes and no. The application can't be dragged onto the Applications folder
> icon in the DMG folder, like most other installers. It *can* be dragged
> into the Applications folder in the Finder window.
>
> --
>  Mark Wieder
>  ahsoftware at gmail.com

Panagiotis Merakos <panos.merakos at livecode.com>