Toggling Browse-edit modes (was Re: LC8DP15 feedback-IDE Issues)

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Mar 3 12:12:37 EST 2016

> On Mar 3, 2016, at 7:22 AM, Mike Kerner <MikeKerner at roadrunner.com> wrote:

> Slightly off-the-subject, but for usability, command-9 and command-0 are a
> PITA to reach for me, as a right-hander, when my right is usually on the
> trackpad or mouse.  Remember the HC days where it was cmd-tab, cmd-tab-tab,
> etc.?  How about cmd-`, cmd-`-`?  For rightities, it's much eaiser to reach
> when your right hand is on the mouse/trackpad.

Mike,

It’s not a well known shortcut, but on Mac OS you can toggle between Browse and Edit modes using Command + Option + Tab. I thought that this worked on Windows, too, with Control + Alt + Tab, but something must have changed, because that key combo now brings up the Windows Application Switcher.

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities
Brigham Young University