LC8DP15 feedback-IDE Issues

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Mar 3 02:10:14 EST 2016

On 3/2/2016 11:29 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:
>> >2) we cannot resize the content area for fields of custom props! ouch!
> Yes it would seem reasonable to allow us to resize the custom control pane down enlarging the value field and put scrollbars on it. Perhaps the option to turn on and off wrapping would be helpful too.

Ditto for the content area for fields, which shows only one line. It
needs to be far taller by default, and resizeable. I think we all edit
text in there, it's the easiest way to change the content of a locked
field without tinkering with its other properties. I need to see at
least a few paragraphs most of the time.

The widths of buttons like those in the graphic effects pane are
overbearing. They should probably be about half their current width. I
suspect they were made that wide to accomodate the width of the stack
header, but they do look sort of clunky. I'm not sure how to solve that,
but the layout doesn't look right.

The ink effects popdown in the Color pane is also too wide, about three
times wider than the text it contains, which leaves a large, unused
empty area above it in the window. Ideally the description of the
pattern boxes would appear to the right of each box instead of under the
color description (I know that won't be easy, given the new method for
building the inspector) but that would fill up some of the empty space.

But even better, I really want the ink popdown to be a list field like
it was before, which could fit nicely in all that unused space at the
right of the color/pattern boxes. I think most of us cycle through all
the ink options looking for the right one, and using arrow keys to
travel up and down the list is extremely convenient -- one keystroke and
the target object changes its ink instantly. You can view them all very
quickly. A popdown button requires you to complete dozens of manual
selections, and that's not only slow, it's hard on my tendonitis.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com