Open source, closed source, and the value of code

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Mar 2 11:21:03 EST 2016

On 03/01/2016 09:35 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> I have been trying to follow this thread, not always successfully, but
> common sense tells me:

Heh.
Common sense in a discussion of legal things.

Yesterday I was handed an nda to sign. There was a clause (yes, I
actually do read these things) that started "Neither party will publicly
disclose the existence of this document..." I recoiled, this caused a
huddle of half a dozen people for several minutes, the company lawyer
came over and sheepishly crossed out the paragraph, and we went on.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com