LC8DP15 feedback-IDE Issues

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Tue Mar 1 17:28:48 EST 2016

Folks:
I’ve “bit the bullet” and started to work on my app with LC8-DP15. I’m on OSX El-Capitan.

The first thing I’ve noticed is that selecting objects in the Project Browser and stack window is poor. In 7.1 versions and older, when I clicked on an object on the stack window, it would hilite the corresponding entry on the project browser. First off, I find that clicking on different objects in the stack screen, it often refuses to “select” a new object until I click around. Secondly, when I click on an object on the stack window, it should hilite in the project browser. This is very convenient when developing, and it doesn’t seem to happen in LC8.

So, I’m still on LC8, but the IDE, nice and shiny new as it is, still needs some work. Or, perhaps I just haven’t figured out all of its new options yet.

Best,
Bill

William Prothero, Ph.D.
University of California, Santa Barbara, Emeritus
prothero at earthednet.org