Open source, closed source, and the value of code

Roger Guay irog at mac.com
Tue Mar 1 15:39:32 EST 2016

This doesn’t capture my part in this conversation. Personally, I am unconcerned about protecting my code/projects and I’m very happy to publish using the GPL license. But . . . BIG BUT . . . Apple won’t accept GPL, and I cannot afford the ever increasing price of the commercial license as a hobbyist. OTOH, I appear to be in a very small minority, so I’m done here!

Thanks and cheers,

Roger