PDF version of Docs quickly generated in LC8.1DP2

jameshale james at thehales.id.au
Thu Jun 30 22:30:53 EDT 2016

Recently I noticed a comment regarding the PDF User Guide which implied that
now when you select it from the Help menu within LC it gets generated on the
fly from the guides present in the Dictionary.

So I thought I would give it a go.

I am using LC8.1DP2

In less time than it took to generate ONE of the guides in the Dictionary
window, Preview opened (I am on a Mac) and the "Release Notes..." appeared.
Looking at the top of the window I noticed there were some 684 pages in
these "release notes". I clicked up in "view menu" and selected "Table of
Contents" and there they were, all the guides and entries for each
subsection. In fact the subsection entries went deeper than you can see
within LC as it only show two levels of heading in the dictionary side
panel.

They appear MUCH faster than looking at them in LC's dictionary pane.
They have the complete table of contents.
They are of course now fully searchable (once you give time for your PDF
reader to index them.)

Some caveats at this time:
Not all internal nor external links seem to work.

Overall a brilliant addition to the IDE.
Well done!

James