[ANN] Release 8.1.0 DP 2

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jun 30 16:10:36 EDT 2016

Warren Samples wrote:

 > I can't open LiveCode on my Linux machine running the current release
 > of openSUSE (Leap). I can, however, run it under different release
 > versions of openSUSE and have it open right now in a virtual machine
 > running openSUSE Tumbleweed. The dictionary seems to work just fine.

Good to know the Dictionary works there, but let's explore your other
SUSE versions and see if we can get the boot issue resolved.

Bryan Lunduke works for SUSE, and recently wrote a very enthusiastic
review of LC 8 after running it on SUSE and Elementary:
<http://www.networkworld.com/article/3079523/application-development/review-livecode-8-is-freaking-incredible.html>

Have you run LC with ldd to see if it's unable to find an expected package?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems