[ANN] Release 8.1.0 DP 2

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Thu Jun 30 16:02:10 EDT 2016

On 06/30/2016 11:02 AM, Richmond wrote:
> Still waiting (64-bit, Linux) for the Dictionary.
>
> Richmond.

I understand your frustration, Richmond. I can't open LiveCode on my
Linux machine running the current release of openSUSE (Leap). I can,
however, run it under different release versions of openSUSE and have it
open right now in a virtual machine running openSUSE Tumbleweed. The
dictionary seems to work just fine. I have seen from your previous
discussion of this problem that you've been willing to go to some
lengths to get a working dictionary and I salute your perseverance. Have
you ever tried opening LiveCode from the command line and selecting the
dictionary to see if it gives you any useful messages?
When I do that it gives me this:

"[0630/121025:ERROR:browser_main_loop.cc(203)] Running without the SUID
sandbox! See
https://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/LinuxSUIDSandboxDevelopment for
more information on developing with the sandbox on."

Despite this message, the dictionary does open and display content. It's
possible you'll get some other message which might be useful.

What happens if you put a browser on a card, assign it a URL and select
the LC browse tool? Does it display content as expected?

Warren