Controls on mobile apps - am I missing something?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Wed Jun 29 15:36:20 EDT 2016

On 29/06/2016 00:28, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> People do all sorts of things.  Some might even have a 45-degree angled
> progress bar.  Not everything folks might want comes in the tin. :)

Yep, but lots of people want horizontal and vertical progress bars, which do
come in our tin - they just look... merde.

There's no reason that the progress bars and sliders that we put on our stacks
shouldn't look like the ones here (from Scott's tmControls)
http://tmtools.tactilemedia.com/tmcontrol2/images/controls_sliders.gif
http://tmtools.tactilemedia.com/tmcontrol2/images/controls_progress.gif

or that radio buttons/checkboxes shouldn't look like any of these

http://i.stack.imgur.com/7VPKA.png
http://i.stack.imgur.com/1DRjw.png
http://i.stack.imgur.com/RFSpQ.png
http://bit.ly/1OqOPqI
http://kintek.com.au/assets/checkbox_radio_buttons_ios.jpg
http://i.stack.imgur.com/bDByc.png

... which aren't 'correct' - but wouldn't look embarrassing.

Ben