quirk in group resize behavior

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jun 21 15:27:07 EDT 2016

On 6/20/2016 6:17 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:

> When you resize a group using the selection handles the controls
> inside stay where they are. This is quite helpful. The code that does
> that also has an extra condition which means the controls inside the
> group will also stay where they are if resizing an unselected group
> via code but not changing the bottomRight of the rect. This
> essentially makes the group appear scrolled even though the scroll
> property is unchanged. At the very least this behavior needs to be
> documented, however, I can’t help feeling that it is unexpected
> behavior and a reliable rule of changing the topLeft of a group
> shifting its controls that amount would be more helpful.

I think I'd just document it for now. I confess I'd never noticed the
anomaly before so changing the behavior may not matter, but then again,
it might. It's likely this has been around long before open source --
it's the same in Rev 5.5 which is the earliest version I have installed
right now. There's no telling what scripts may depend on it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com