Control? Object?

Earthednet-wp prothero at earthednet.org
Sun Jun 19 11:43:01 EDT 2016

Richmond makes excellent points. I am an experienced programmer, but have often scratched my head (as a relative newby) about whether to call a livecode thingy an object, a control, or whatever.

For the future of livecode, it is vital that the dictionary, and other documentation and tutorials, somehow address issues that newbies face. I've been in groups developing a software system that is intended for wide adoption (digital library intended for educators, for example) and they study the user experience using videos and eye tracking to design the interface. Obviously, this is beyond the scope of the livecode team. But the point I want to make is that the input from folks like Richmond, who can directly observe (and more importantly, interpret) the challenges that new users experience, is extremely valuable.

So.... Thanks to Richmond for his input about the new by experience.
Best,
Bill

William Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org