Control? Object?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 06:42:27 EDT 2016

If 'Object' is a reserved word, then why is the Dictionary "we all know
and love" full of 'objects':

errorObject
focusedObject
menuObject
objectSelectionEnded
objectSelectionStarted
selectedObjectChanged
selectedObject
selectedObjects
selObj
selObjs  ?

Looking up 'focusedObject' one can read:

"Returns the currently focused control"

So there is no question of 'reserved words'; there is a simple case of a
state of
BAD confusion that needs to be sorted out, 2 words being used for one
thing, or, rather
one set of things:

either:

1. Dump the word 'object' and only use 'control', or

2. Dump the word 'control' and only use 'object'.

Personally I prefer #2.

This is an "issue" [ a.k.a. 'fudge' ] that has been left unfixed for
far, far too long.

Presumably (?) this is something that can be sorted out pretty quickly
using search-and-replace.

Richmond.