SelectedObjectChanged in LC8... Bug?

BNig bernd.niggemann at uni-wh.de
Thu Jun 16 09:26:09 EDT 2016

Hi Hugh,

FlexibleLearning.com wrote
> When the "Browse" tool is selected in the UI, any selected objects are
> deselected and a SelectedObjectChanged message used to be sent. This is no
> longer the case in LC8.
>
> I have also tried trapping for a NewTool message, but this is similarly
> ignored.
>
> Any insights, or is this a bug?
>
> Hugh Senior
> FLCo

I see the same and I consider this a bug. When a selected object changes it
should trigger SelectedObjectChanged, no matter why it changed.

I see the same for the new subscription model, ideSelectedObjectChanged does
not trigger when changing from edit to browse tool, but ideToolChanged does.

put this into a card script and put 1 field on the card
on openCard
   subscribeCardToMessage
end openCard

on subscribeCardToMessage
   ideSubscribe "ideSelectedObjectChanged"
   ideSubscribe "ideToolChanged"
end subscribeCardToMessage

on ideToolChanged
   put "toolChanged" && the milliseconds into field 1
end ideToolChanged

on ideSelectedObjectChanged
   put "selectedObjectchanged" && the milliseconds into field 1
end ideSelectedObjectChanged

Kind regards
Bernd