browser widget again

Jacques Hausser jacques.hausser at unil.ch
Wed Jun 15 12:38:05 EDT 2016

Still trying to use the browser widget and its javascripthandlers. I picked information here and there (many thanks to those who answered my previous mails, especially Mike) but really I would be glad to find a detailed user’s guide somewhere. I’m using a html file exploiting google map’s API as URL, and it works perfectly well with the old style browser. But I cannot grab the information I want with the new browser widget. Hereunder a simplified (and tested) example of what I tried for the old browser (successfully) and the widget browser (to no avail).

——————————————————————————————
old style browser:
——————————————————————————————
in the card script:

command getLoc
   get revBrowserCallScript(LBrowserID,exportXYZ)
   put it into fld "FResult"
end getLoc

in the html file:

function exportXYZ()
//tCoord contains the ccordinates and altitude of the last point clicked
{
var vCoord = tCoord;
return vCoord;
}
——————————————————————————————
browser widget:
——————————————————————————————
in the card script:

command getLoc
   do "exportXYZ();" in widget "mapBrowser"
end mouseUp

command inputLoc pCoord
—- this command’s name is in the list of javascripthandlers for my browser
   put pCoord into fld "FResult"
end inputLoc

in the html file:

function exportXYZ()
//tCoord contains the ccordinates and altitude of the last point clicked
{
var pCoord = tCoord;
liveCode.inputLoc(pCoord);
}
——————————————————————————————

the html file is exactly the same in both cases except for the change illustrated above. The map is displayed as expected in the browser widget, I can click any location to get a marker displayed and I can move to a new region with the following:

——————————————————————————————
in the card script:

command newReg plat,plon,pzoom
   do "goToReg(plat,plon,pzoom);” in widget "mapBrowser"
end mouseUp

and in the htlm file:

function goToReg(pLat,pLng,pZoom)
{
var newCenter = new google.maps.LatLng(pLat,pLng);
tmap.setCenter(newCenter);
var tZoom = parseInt(pZoom,10);
tmap.setZoom(tZoom);
}

Thus “do … in widget” works; but I cannot fetch those damned coordinates with “liveCode.inputLoc(pCoord);". How to make the javascriptHandlers to work ?

PS: Mac 10.11.5, LC 8.0.2 rc2