strange experience in Windows standalone with windowshape

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Tue Jun 14 11:58:43 EDT 2016

On 6/14/2016 11:47 AM, Mike Bonner wrote:
> Paul, I've seen this too.  Launch a standalone and it doesn't show.  I've
> only seen this when using the browser widget as part of the build. (haven't
> really used other widgets, so I can't speak for those)  If I then go into
> task manager and tell it to create a dump file for my application, poof..
> it moves from background processes to apps and works fine, including the
> browser widget.  (I can also make it appear by choosing to debug)
> Removing the widget, or not putting the check in the box for it in
> standalone settings makes the app show up just fine. But of course without
> a functional widget.

It is comforting (sort of, although I wish it wasn't happening at all)
to hear that I am not the only one who has run into this. In my case,
this is all using LC6.7.x (currently 6.7.11), so no widgets are
involved, so I am not sure Widgets are the root cause.

The damnedest thing is that it is not consistent!