Need Help With String Pattern Matching

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Mon Jun 13 15:14:00 EDT 2016

Hello Quentin,

Thank you for the tips on string pattern matching. I’m used to Mathematica’s string pattern syntax, which is probably built on regex, but I can see the similarities in your nice examples, particularly the using of alternatives [Joe|Anges]. While Mathematica’s string functions are insanely extensive and their implementation far more powerful that those in LiveCode, they can become arbitrarily slow if used repeatedly in loops, and unfortunately, my procedure requires repeating the functions over tens of thousands of files. That is why I want to build an alternative procedure in LiveCode.

Thanks again,

Gregory