The 'startup' message not working in IDE

Jerry Jensen jerry at jhjensen.com
Thu Jun 9 20:11:59 EDT 2016

True, true. in that example the “;” separates the declaration command from the assignment command. My mistake.

However, here is an example that does the assignment right in the declaration command, on the fly:
It seems to work (!). Honestly, I half expected it to fail on the first do.

on mouseUp
local tStr, tOut
put empty into tOut
put empty into msg
repeat with x=1 to 3
  put "local tVar_" & x & "=" & 2*x into tStr
  do tStr
  put tStr & cr after msg
  put "put tVar_" & x & " after tOut" into tStr
  do tStr
  put tStr & cr after msg
end repeat
put tOut after msg