Another way of approaching LC8?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Thu Jun 9 09:52:20 EDT 2016

Having been burnt by the BMI Calculator example, what would listers suggest as the shortest way to get familiar with LC8 without reading an enormous amount of text? I would count myself as a pretty experienced LiveCode programmer, so that’s where I’m starting from.

Maybe I should just take an existing program, open it and see what happens? But then widgets would remain a closed book, which isn’t the intention.

I had a quick look at the HTML 5 side of things and at the dictionary, and both scared me. I don’t feel I’m in Kansas any more.

How did you guys do it?

TIA

Graham