Uninstalling Livecode

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Wed Jun 8 02:43:13 EDT 2016

On 08/06/2016 06:47, RM wrote:

> If I dig into the /home/.runrev directory I can manually delete the
> versions I don't want, but the
> system still 'sees' those I have deleted, so they show up in the menu
> system.
>
> Is there a way to remove all but the 8 versions I use (3.5, 4.0, 4.5,
> 6.7.11, 7.14, 8.0.1, 8.0.2 rc-1 & 8.10) completely?

Hi Richmond,

Assuming that you never install for "All Users", then you can try
something like:

     find $HOME -iname 'livecode*.desktop'

to list all of the .desktop files that LiveCode installs to make itself
appear in your menu system.

You can then manually delete the ones you no longer require.

(I haven't actually tried this so some fudging around may be needed in
order to make it work).

                                Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>