OT: Pi tripod case

dsc at swcp.com dsc at swcp.com
Tue Jun 7 17:22:52 EDT 2016

Do you get stuff from AdaFruit?  They sell a 3/8 to 1/4 adaptor that some people screw into a simple tight hole in a 3D design with glue to make a strong 1/4 thread.  I think you can also do this with some laser cut pieces but with acrylic you have to be careful with the hole size because it might crack.  I have also seen some press-in (heat or force) for laser milled pieces that I have seen described online.  You might need to get those from--arg--that place that has all the cool hardware.  You just need to choose material carefully.

With the laser cutting you can adapt a box design and you would use (say) InkScape or Illustrator instead of TinkerCad (for 3D).