OT: Pi tripod case

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Jun 7 17:04:00 EDT 2016

TinkerCAD even has a thread generator.  It might be able to do the 1/4-20 UNC for the tripod.  I'm not sure how strong the threads will be.

You might want to consider laser milling a modified case design that is available to make room for mounting and gluing on a nut.  You can etch the surface around the hole to help with gluing and maybe
to control it.