[ANN] Release 8.0.2 RC1

panagiotis merakos panos.merakos at livecode.com
Tue Jun 7 16:35:19 EDT 2016

Hi all,

@Ron:
LiveCode 8.0.2-RC1 contains *only* bugfixes. It is a maintenance release,
and does not include any new features.
LiveCode 8.1.0 DP1 is a development preview release, and contains new
features (e.g. new Windows player, updated standalone builder).

Every bug that is fixed in an older version (i.e. 8.0.2 rc1/rc2) will be
merged up into newer versions (8.1.0 dp1/dp2)

@Richmond
Could you please file a bug report? Do you see the same error when
installing 8.0.1 for "You only"?

Best,
Panos
--

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 10:14 PM, RM <richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, trying to install
> LiveCodeCommunityInstaller-8_0_2_rc_1-Linux.x64 onto Xubuntu 16.04 64-bit
> "You Only" I got a message:  "Internal error (couldn't extract payload
> item to file).
>
> The installer did work on the "All Users" option.
>
> Richmond.
>

> On 7.06.2016 13:52, panagiotis merakos wrote:
>
>> Dear list members,
>>
>> We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.0.2 RC-1.
>>

>> Getting the Release
>> ===================
>> You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or
>> via
>> the automatic updater.
>>

>> Release Contents
>> ================
>> LiveCode 8.0.2 RC-1 contains more than 33 bug fixes since the LiveCode
>> 8.0.1 STABLE release. Moreover, this release contains many documentation
>> updates and engine fixes contributed by Charles Warwick, Dave Kilroy,
>> Devin
>> Asay, Trevor DeVore and Mark Smith. Thank you!
>>
>> The full release notes are available from:
>> http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/8_0_2/LiveCodeNotes-8_0_2_rc_1.pdf
>>

>> Feedback
>> ========
>> Please report any bugs encountered on our Bugzilla at
>> http://quality.livecode.com/
>>
>> We have a forum available for discussing LiveCode Builder at
>> http://forums.livecode.com/viewforum.php?f=93
>>

>> Have fun!
>>
>> The LiveCode Team
>> --