AW: LC 8 Random crash with QT set the filename of player on OS X

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Jun 6 05:08:58 EDT 2016

Hi Monte,

I filed a bug report, but I could reproduce it only in my complex live stack and not in a test stack with a handy recipe.
It is LC 8.0 and yes it is QT. I know about all the QT hassles and have waited for years for a solution from Edinburgh.

My main product includes about 20000 videos, which I have compressed 7 years ago with a Sorenson codec, which is not supported by AVFoundation and on Windows we don't have a LC productive release with the new player yet.

Even if LC 8.1 is released, I can't create just a program update for my customers, because of the non supported codec, I have to supply complete new videos (about 8GB), so I can't make a  only update for my product, actually It has to be a major version upgrade, shipping again on DVD. Even if I will have some day compressed all 20000 videos with a new codec (yes I have batch compressor from Sorenson) I have to develop an upgrade strategy for all my customers. All in all it will probably take me a year from now on, until I got rid of QT.

It is especially annoying for me, that I have a new product, which is shortly before shipping, which I also only could develop depending on QT, because this product depends on the same 20000 videos being installed on the users machines and there was no alternative.

">  - QT can not be supported on Mac 64 bit"
What does this mean exactly? I have an iMac with a Intel Core i5 processor and I thought up to now, it would run as 64 bit. I don't find any system information about 32/64 bit. But QT is running fine on this machine and I haven't had any complains about Mac users up to now. What does this mean? Where can I check, if my system is running in 32 or 64 bit?

Thanks
Tiemo