Intego AV and Bloom filters

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Wed Jun 1 14:08:26 EDT 2016

> Am 01.06.2016 um 17:03 schrieb Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>:
>
> I've also asked them to check LiveCode itself, since it's likely the pattern that produced the false positive is in the engine.  I'm sure they'll do the same for LC as they did for my app, so going forward all of us LiveCoders should have one less support concern to think about.

I am really confused. I´ve   n e v e r  wrote that Intego Antivirus reported a false positive.
First of all, Intego´s realtime scanner  scans a file once the system, an application or the user (thru the Finder) opens, modifies or saves that file.
Here it seems LiveCode application is constantly accessing the file " ~/Library/Logs/RunRev/LiveCodeToolsLog.txt. That's why the Real-Time Scanner is constantly checking it too. Every second at least.
In my case it helped moving that file to the trusted items, so Intego Antivirus will ignore that file completely.
Even deleting the file would help. LC is then creating a new file, but the file grows continuously with every start of every LC version (6,7 and 8).

Matthias