Create and Delete Browser Widget?

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sat Jul 30 23:53:31 EDT 2016

Thks for the tips.

Results:

Stack A
    has a mobileScroller on  card 1
     the group that scrolls has links, some to out to another stack that has the browser widget.

Stack B The Browser Stack
   runs landscape… I pull a URL from our web server… runs beautifully.
   has button to go back to cd 1 of stack A

If I set the now to vis = false… (hide)

When we arrive back at stack A  we don't see the browser occupying the space any more, at least visually. But the mobileScroller now is failing. I cannot scroll the group on the screen.

I suspected that the invisible browser may still be trapping the touch events.

OK… so then next test:

on stack B, Delete browser on close and create browser on open.
  result: 1st problem is geometry… the stack is set to landscape… and when I create the browser as invisible and set the rect of the browser to 50,30,the width of this card, the height of this card after creating it… it fails and is drawn in the lower corner in a rect that is about 200px square in the lower left of the card.  OK, setting that aside, on mobile, I can start the video, on iOS it expands (youtube behavior) to take the full screen and when I click DONE it drops back to my card view (with browser stuck in the lower left area)…

So now I set the navigation in the behavior that is attached to the stack to delete the browers on exiting that card/stack and issue go recent.

So now we are back at Stack A… I can see in the project browser ondesktop (which is now runtime responsive in 8.1 dp3 YAY!) that the browser object is indeed being created and deleted… BUT

the scroller region on CD 1 of Stack A is still non responsive… I have to leave that stack, go to another stack and then back again… *now* the scroller is responsive.

So, this is a bit tricky eating up a lot of time going no where…

BR