[ ANN ] Release 8.1.0 DP-3

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sat Jul 30 21:02:16 EDT 2016

TS NET:

Awesome! thank you… my begging bowl was out for this for soooo long!

Monte Goulding wrote:
    > Or do I need to do something to use it ?
    >>    If so, what ?
    > No, you don’t need to do anything unless you are explicitly selecting inclusions during the standalone build. Then if you don’t have the internet library (libURL) included you need to include it as an extra inclusion. tsNet is resolved as a dependency of libURL

More examples would help..

a simple "naïve" test for starters (assumes all works under the hood) was

put url "sftp://tUser:tPwd@mydomainIP/home/mydomain/public_html/"

returns no error for syntax in the script editor… result is empty and "it" is empty.

1) neither libURL nor TSNet has any command that explicitly contains "SFTP"  if the URL we issue is (I assume this is the required form)

 "sftp://tUSER:tPWD@www.Mydomain.com/public_html/cool_pix"

is SFTP automatically implemented? transparently handled?

2) does TSnet get fired transparently whenever libURL does it's job?

OR

3) do we use one or the other?

4)  what command do we issue which returns the pConnectionID that we see for all subsequent requests to the server.  We see lots of cmds that require pConnectionID, but none that opens a connection are returns that value for subsequent use.

one expects to see a function call like

tsNetOpen  # returns connection ID

Maybe someone can post here a simple session example of script that does:

-- open a remote directory by SFTP
-- returns  a directory listing
-- upload/upload a file to that directory

I think once we see one of these we can probably grok the rest.

Again thanks to Kevin for this acquisition!

BR