[ ANN ] Release 8.1.0 DP-3

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Jul 30 19:53:24 EDT 2016

Thanks Monte - but more questions open up ....

On 30/07/2016 09:38, Monte Goulding wrote:
> Or do I need to do something to use it ?
>>    If so, what ?
> No, you don’t need to do anything unless you are explicitly selecting inclusions during the standalone build. Then if you don’t have the internet library (libURL) included you need to include it as an extra inclusion. tsNet is resolved as a dependency of libURL. At the moment we don’t have a facility for turning tsNet off in the event you want to use libURL (not really sure why you would want that but I guess it’s possible). You can turn tsNet off if you want to with `dispatch “revUnloadLibrary" to stack “tsNetLibURL”`
Q. Why would I want to turn it off ?
A. for testing.
If I have a stack that uses libURL, and I want it to be usable with
either Indy or Commercial version, then I *should* (IMO) test it with
both tsNet and straight libURL. I do not have the Community version on
any of my machines, and never will so long as that puts me at risk of
unintentionally exposing my stacks to GPL - so I would need a way to
turn off tsNet to allow such testing.

If I do use some of the tsNet handlers, and then someone else downloads
that stack and runs it in the Community version, do these calls simply
fail, or are there 'stub' versions included in the community version ?

Are there already other features that work in both versions, but do so
differently ?
>> Where is it documented ?
> In the documentation stack.
Ooops - got to stop looking in8.1 DP2 dictionry for DP3 features :-)

Thanks
-- Alex.