LCB

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jul 29 17:06:39 EDT 2016

On 7/29/2016 3:48 PM, Peter TB Brett wrote:
> On 29/07/2016 21:41, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
>> Does anyone see anything wrong? It is copied verbatim from the lesson,
>> right down to the uppercase letters which I wasn't sure were required
>> (is LCB case sensitive? The lesson doesn't say.)
>
> Hi Jacque,
>
> Which version of LiveCode are you using?  The LCB course you're trying
> out for us (thank you very much!) requires LCB features that are only in
> 8.1.

I started originally with 8.1dp2 but everything broke. All buttons were
unresponsive, the Builder froze up, nothing worked. (See my first
report.) So I switched over to 8.0.x and it worked better. The Script
button still did nothing but at least the Test button responded.

I just downloaded the latest 8.1dp3 and you are right, it does work
there. Thank you. I'll keep going. There are a number of discrepancies
that are probably obvious to an experienced user but threw off a newbie
like me.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com