openBackground ID in Behavior Script

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Mon Jul 25 01:03:51 EDT 2016

I put this into a behavior for a group on a card

on openBackground (the id of me)
    set the blendlevel of btn "home-logo" to 0
    send hideLogo to me in 1 second
end openBackground

But the script editor flags the opening line with:

compilation error at line 4 (Handler: not a valid parameter name) near "(", char 4

put I put farther down the behavior

on mouseup
  put the id of me
end mouseup

and click on the group

it returns the ID of the group to which the behavior is assigned.

What am I missing?  Why won't LC evaluate (the id of me)  as a param?

even if I hard wire the ID just as a test..

on openBackground  1076
   set the blendlevel of btn "home-logo" to 0
   send hideLogo to me in 1 second
end openBackground

I get the same error msg

compilation error at line 4 (Handler: not a valid parameter name) near "1076", char 4

According to the dictionary, this should work.

BR