[ANN] Updates to LiveCode's platform support policy

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jul 21 11:39:49 EDT 2016

Roger Eller wrote:

 > On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 7:09 AM, Peter TB Brett wrote:
 >
 >> Please read more this change on the LiveCode blog:
 >> https://livecode.com/updated-platform-support-policy/
 >>
 > In Chrome on Yosemite, clicking OSX opens the Linux list.  OSX list
 > will not open.  Works fine in Safari.

Thanks for reporting that.  FWIW it works well here on Chrome for Ubuntu.

This is an especially useful report for the readers of a list about a
multi-platform development tool:

Those who do web development understand all too well that, despite using
relatively limited APIs designed specifically for omni-platform
interoperability and financed by some of the largest companies in
history, inconsistencies between brands of browsers and versions of
browsers and different OSes make for a tragically unpredictable world of
development expense that not even the world's considerable investment in
HTML5 as a common spec has yet eliminated.

Warts and all, compared to the best work of the world's biggest
companies, LC looks pretty good, even more so when we compare the amount
of financing for the respective teams.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems