Backspace unrecoverably deletes an object ....

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jul 20 13:42:39 EDT 2016

Mac OS X 10.9.5 - LiveCode 5.5

Hi from Beautiful Brittany,

I’ve just  done it again !!! I created a button, loaded it up
with thoughtful script, and, instead of hitting return to
continue writing the script, , I wanderered around the
stack, checking names, etc,, and later, without thinking,
I hit “BackSpace” - and BING, an up and coming button
and script hit the dust …….

It is not the first time I lose a button and script because
I can’t control my fingers.

Why can’t I recover a button and script (after Select-Delete),
or, if I can, how do I do it ? Other apps respond to “Undo”
commands, even after a “Delete”. Why can’t LiveCode do
the same?

Solutions, perhaps ??

-Francis