paypal encrypted buttons using lc

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 12:00:40 EDT 2016

Ah, so I need to find an updated guide.
If it was a single, or even several buttons it would be easy. Use the
button creator and voila'  an encrypted button.
Unfortunately I need a large number of buttons on multiple pages. (helping
out a friend)  The connections out here are sluggish. (theirs is worse than
mine and thats saying something) so using the paypal interface to manage a
large number of buttons is a huge pain.  I don't necessarily need "on the
fly" generation, but if I can get a handle on encrypting the buttons
(locally) then I can generate complete pages to be uploaded. (or various
ways, storing in an sqlite db or whatever) but the goals are mainly:
a) using encrypted buttons so its harder to mess with my friends site, and
b) limit the amount of click-- wait.. click-- wait. click-- wait required
to manage the site.
Currently most of the buttons are clear text.  Its not too difficult for my
friend to copy and paste an item listing and edit the form values to create
a new item. (or to adjust prices etc) but the clear text part is bad
because.. well.. People are involved. (cynical I know)

I'll see if I can figure all this out.